Profile of teacher Joe Beaulieu
Experienced, TESOL & IELTS Certified, English Speaking Tutor from Canada with a B.A.
- My aim is to help you reach your language learning goals while having some fun along the way. I'm currently living in Mexico and learning Spanish, so I can relate to the difficulties encountered by language students and I'll do my best to give you a positive learning experience. Whether you prefer a conversational or lesson-based class, I can cater the learning experience to best suit your needs.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- Students can expect fun and engaging classes with me. I enjoy teaching a wide variety of lesson types. Depending on your goals, we could:
- read and discuss an article to focus on pronunciation and comprehension
- work with learning materials such as grammar or vocabulary exercises
- have a conversation about interesting topics while I provide real-time, constructive feedback
- my teaching background:
- I've taught beginners to proficient-level students during my three years of one-on-one, online teaching experience. I also hold TESOL and TEFL certificates and I've completed the IELTS Teacher Training Program.
- my background outside of teaching:
- While living in Canada, I worked at the Government of Canada's Enquiry Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. There, I helped the public find information about the federal government's programs and services. In my free time I enjoy travel, sports, TV and movies, reading and doing escape rooms.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Spanish, French
- IELTS Teacher Training Program
- Certificate of Bilingualism (English and French)
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography and Political Science
- TEFL 120-Hour Certificate Course
- International Certificate in TESOL
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I've been playing ice hockey for 30+ years and I'm also a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- I've been fortunate enough to try many activities in interesting locales around the world including skiing in France, hiking in Chile, surfing in Indonesia, skydiving in Canada, rafting in Thailand and snowboarding in Norway.
- I'm a terrible cook but at least I have a cool dog named Zelda. I also have a thirst for knowledge, I'm always looking to learn something new!
I'm feeling optimistic about this class!
My first lesson with Joel was according to my expectations. He did evaluate my pronunciation and did correct my mistakes. As well offer me to send some homework.