Profile of teacher Szymon Wójcik
pronuncation (US accent), CAE, FCE, TRKI(Russian C1) certificates, matura
- I put a strong emphasis on pronunciation since this is usually the main cause of misunderstandings. Additionally, as my experience shows, it is best to learn grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation from cohesive texts, not from excercises in books. That is why we always read articles or extracts from books on various topics- discussing all the grammatical structures, vocabulary etc.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I work mostly with articles and texts on various topics from which we take vocabulary, grammatical structures and learn proper pronunciation. After having discussed the text we have a conversation on the topic which makes my students use the words and pronunce them correctly - best practice possible! More in my video :)
- my teaching background:
- I have taught English and Russian for over 5 years. Children who are over 7 years old individually and in gropus, often helped them prepare for their exams and certificates. Mostly, however, I work with adults of different ages.
- my background outside of teaching:
- Besides being a teacher I have also worked over 5 years in different translation fields which helps me not only teach languages but also makes me learn a lot!
- Russian, English
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- BA Applied Linguistics (Russian-English) UW
- CAE Cambridge Certificte
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- apart from being a tutor I am also a translator and that makes me have a constant, day-to-day contact with both languages, dealing with different topics and advancement
- I am immensely patient when it comes to the students who just start learning a language :)
- apart from teaching the languages, the culture of the coutries that use them is crucial for me too. Hence I share the passion not only from the linguistic point
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!