Profile of teacher Shelly-Ann Mintah
Native Speaker-Canadian TESOL Teacher- BA - Kids and Adults -All Levels - 10+ years teaching - 4+ years ESL!
- I enjoy teaching people of all ages and language levels. I make learning fun, engaging and stress-free for all ages. My specialty is teaching children and beginners, using regalia, props and TPR to introduce new words and concepts. We will focus on your unique language needs, including conversation practice, vocabulary, grammar, test preparation and pronunciation.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I provide a positive learning environment. Materials and activities are highly personalized and vary based on the student's unique goals. I ask my students to set a language goal in our first lesson together to serve as a starting point. My classes can be structured with assessments, worksheets, and set curriculum, or extremely flexible for students who would like to practice specific skills.
- my teaching background:
- With over four years of experience in ESL, I've had the privilege of teaching English to students in China, USA and Canada. I've taught students of all ages and levels in classrooms and one-on-one and in business settings.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have a BA in Journalism and have completed18 months of 2 year Masters in Business Administration. I also have a Diploma in Database Management and Administration. I am a Project and Change Manager with over 10 years of IT experience. I am also an expert in Digital Marketing and Video Production.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- French, Spanish
- TESOL Certification
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I am patient and kind
- I love nature
- I write poetry and short stories
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!