Profile of teacher Alice Kentesber
I am passionate about teaching and I want every student to leave feeling like they have learnt something new!
- I hope you will find my classes enjoyable and professional. I want every student to leave my class feeling like they have learnt or understood something new every time. It is so important that students feel comfortable to express themselves and try new things, so I like to create an open, professional and collaborative atmosphere in class. I like to tailor my teaching to the needs and goals
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I have a wide variety of resources. For beginners I like to use powerpoints, flashcards, drill exercises and role plays to allow to use your language as much as possible. I like to tailor these materials to your interests and needs as much as possible. For more advanced learners I like to use authentic materials such as news articles, youtube videos etc. We can use this as a base for learning.
- my teaching background:
- I have taught English as Foreign Language for two years in Nanjing and Hong Kong. I have taught both children and adults and have experience in test preparation. I have spent three years working in an English tuition centre in the UK and now I am a qualified primary school teacher in the UK.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I am passionate about languages and language learning. I have studied German and Mandarin Chinese at University, so I can understand the language learning journey from both a learner and teacher perspective! I love movies, articles etc. so I hope we can incorporate this in to our classes!
- English, German
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- PGCE Primary (General)
- TEFL 130 hours
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I have completed my Open Water Diving qualification.
- I have lived in London, Nanjing, Hong Kong, the USA and Hungary.
- I love to play the ukulele.
After the first trial lesson it was my son who said that he learned more in this half an hour than in the last 2 years at school. I have nothing to add to this comment. Thank you so much, Alice.
Alice is so nice. My daughter loves the lessons.
very good lessons
My teacher is in my opinion the best teacher in the world! :)
Very nice lesson and the teacher is very kind.
Nick is so happy with Alice:-)
uwielbiam te lekcje, a pani jest bardzo miła, przyjemnie się uczyć z taką osobą!
Really helpfull and stress- reducing person. Thank You Alice, sincerely recommend!