Profile of teacher Allison MacSweyn
Native English Speaker. Bachelors Degree in Language Education. TESOL and TEFL Certified.
- Five years teaching experience teaching children from all over the world. I adapt each lesson to meet each individual learners needs.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I will start out by determining each students strengths, weaknesses and your goals. The best way to learn a language is to be fully immersed in it so English only in my class room!
Please come with an open mind and many questions as I fully encourage them.
In my class expect:
- Lots of emphasis on proper grammar and pronunciation.
- I will use what interests you personally ie hobbies, sports, etc..
- my teaching background:
- 5+ years teaching ESL online. Taught all ages from 3-90 years old.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I moved from a small town in Eastern Canada to Toronto 8 years ago to experience new opportunities and environments. When I'm not teaching I enjoy being outside with friends, reading a good book and traveling when I can.
- native languages:
- Bachelors Degree
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I have been spending the last year studying child psychology.
- I have a background in finance and business.
- I love learning about other cultures.
Great as always!
Thank You very much!
it was super exciting! I like the combination of speaking, listening and writing! thank you Allison!
Allison, it was a pleasure to meet you.
It was great as always, Alison.
Great teacher :). Five lessons with Allison and I see the progress :).
Wow! A great lesson! I'm surprised. I'm impressed. During the lesson, Allison engaged various senses, the lesson was fun and really interesting with stories about the theater and Shakespeare. I got to know not only new idioms but also some interesting cultural facts. Good job, Allison. See you next week :).