Profile of teacher Amanda
Let's apply your personal and professional experience to our lessons. I look forward to seeing you improve!
- I view lessons as a means of sharing effective language learning strategies and as an opportunity for cultural exchange. My roles are to 1) consider how and why we learn languages, and 2) use research-based second language teaching methods. I’ll encourage you when you’re uncertain and celebrate your achievements with you.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- a variety of tasks, including mock situation practice, games, and presentation rehearsal
- timely and constructive feedback – I welcome your feedback too!
- frequent review
- my teaching background:
- I have experience teaching English in varying contexts since 2010. Some places I’ve taught include Honolulu, Seoul, New York, and Santiago. So far, I’ve worked with learners from over 20 countries. Most of my current students' goals are improving small talk and general professional English.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I'm also a Spanish to English translator. In my free time, I enjoy comedy and being near the ocean.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- German, Spanish
- MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Certification
- BA in Second Language Studies
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $5.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I’m a heritage Spanish speaker, and I identify with my students' experience of language learning as an adult.
- I have lived in Hawai'i longer than anywhere else.
- My professional goals are to work in language preservation and to design English language learning materials for adult immigrants and refugees living in the US.
Amanda is a very professional and knowledge English teacher. With her patience and experience she was able to take me to the next level. Lessons are always very interesting and fun and we move in a naturally way from conversation about current events to grammar exercises. She uses Google Doc during the lesson to correct my grammar and improve my dictionary without interrupt me every time. She also uses it to give me homework and feedback about the past lessons. I will definitely recommend her!
Amanda it's a very good teacher :)
Amanda is a good and kind teacher :)
super teacher -;)