Profile of teacher Amanda
Let's apply your personal and professional experiences to our lessons. I look forward to seeing you improve!
- I view lessons as a means of sharing effective language learning strategies and as an opportunity for cultural exchange. My roles are to 1) consider how and why we learn languages, and 2) use research-based second language teaching methods. I’ll encourage you when you’re uncertain and celebrate your achievements with you.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- a variety of tasks, including mock situation practice, games, and presentation rehearsal
- timely and constructive feedback – I welcome your feedback too!
- frequent review
- my teaching background:
- I have experience teaching English in varying contexts since 2010. Some places I’ve taught include Honolulu, Seoul, New York, and Santiago. So far, I’ve worked with learners from over 20 countries. Most of my current students' goals are improving conversation and editing their written work.
- my background outside of teaching:
- In the future I’d like to design English language learning materials for adult immigrants and refugees living in the US. In my free time I enjoy comedy, table tennis, and being near the ocean.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Spanish, German
- BA in Second Language Studies
- MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Certification
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $5.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I’m a heritage Spanish speaker.
- I have lived in Hawai'i longer than anywhere else.
- My students think I’m patient and friendly.
Amanda is a very professional and knowledge English teacher. With her patience and experience she was able to take me to the next level. Lessons are always very interesting and fun and we move in a naturally way from conversation about current events to grammar exercises. She uses Google Doc during the lesson to correct my grammar and improve my dictionary without interrupt me every time. She also uses it to give me homework and feedback about the past lessons. I will definitely recommend her!
Amanda it's a very good teacher :)
Amanda is a good and kind teacher :)
super teacher -;)