Profile of teacher Amanda
Let's apply your personal and professional experience to our lessons. I look forward to seeing you improve!
- I view lessons as a means of sharing effective language learning strategies and as an opportunity for cultural exchange. My roles are to 1) consider how and why we learn languages, and 2) use research-based second language teaching methods. I’ll encourage you when you’re unsure and celebrate your achievements with you.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- a variety of tasks, including mock situation practice, games, and presentation rehearsal
- timely and constructive feedback – I welcome your feedback too!
- frequent review
- my teaching background:
- I have experience teaching English in varying contexts since 2010. Some places I’ve taught include Honolulu, Seoul, New York, and Santiago. So far, I’ve worked with learners from over 20 countries. Most of my current students' goals are improving small talk and general professional English.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I'm also a Spanish to English translator. In my free time, I enjoy comedy and going to the beach.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- German, Spanish
- TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Certification
- MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- BA in Second Language Studies
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $5.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I’m a heritage Spanish speaker, and I identify with my students' experience of language learning as an adult.
- One professional goal is to design English language learning materials for adult immigrants and refugees living in the US.
- I'm fascinated by language play (ludic language). If you enjoy word puzzles or puns make you laugh, we have this in common!
Amanda is well organized and always prepared for every lesson. She listens to you so you don't have the feeling of being another point on a daily routine checklist. She is very flexible and responsive to your needs. You will experience many different and creative lessons with her, I am sometimes very surprised how creative she can be. I've had 35 lessons with her so far and I am planning to continue.
Amanda is a very professional and knowledge English teacher. With her patience and experience she was able to take me to the next level. Lessons are always very interesting and fun and we move in a naturally way from conversation about current events to grammar exercises. She uses Google Doc during the lesson to correct my grammar and improve my dictionary without interrupt me every time. She also uses it to give me homework and feedback about the past lessons. I will definitely recommend her!
Amanda it's a very good teacher :)
Amanda is a good and kind teacher :)
super teacher -;)