Profile of teacher Adam
I'll help you pave the way to lasting linguistic success, whatever your level and goals.
- I've recently returned from China having been an English Language Assistant with the British Council in Shanghai. I studied European and Middle Eastern Languages (German and Arabic) at the University of Oxford.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- Depending on your levels and goals, I'll provide conversation practice, textbook and workbook lessons, discussions of articles and videos, debates and more routine grammar and linguistic work. I'll be able to help with accent reduction and university preparation too. For more advanced students, we'll study a mix of : translation, literature, history, politics and public speaking.
- my teaching background:
- In Shanghai, I taught grades one to five at Songhua Primary School in Shanghai’s Qingpu district. Before that, I completed my TEFL training at a Specialist Foreign Languages School in Zuzhou, Hunan. I've taught English and other languages to students of all ages and levels.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I've spent my life travelling across the globe, in large part to help learn as diverse a range of languages as possible. Over time, moving from being a beginner to becoming more fluent, I've picked up a diverse range of effective methods for learning and teaching languages.
- Arabic, English
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Chinese (Mandarin), French, German
- TEFL in China - Teaching English as a Foreign Language
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- In 2014, I summited Mount Wilhelm in Papua New Guinea, considered by some the highest mountain in Oceania.
- In 2019, I raised £2020 for Save the Children when I ran the London Marathon.
- I have been fortunate enough to study and work in a diverse range of places across the world, picking up conversational fluency in French, Russian and, most recently, Mandarin, in addition to the German and Arabic that I speak fluently from my undergraduate studies.
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!