Profile of teacher Svetlana
Fun and professional. Easy-going and structured. Open-minded and effective. That's me! Let's learn together!
- I'm a linguist, so I can explain complicated stuff so that it doesn't look so complicated anymore. Nice, right? And yes, learning languages requires some work, but who said challenges can't be fascinating? My lessons are positive, effective and stress-free. Imagine all that - and also seeing your own progress as you move from level to level. Sounds great, doesn't it? Let's get started!
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I use all there is: textbooks, youtube videos, pictures, texts, blogs (yes, even Twitter!), etc.
- My classroom is first and foremost a speaking classroom. I teach my students something - and a minute later I teach them to use it. This means games, dialogues, discussions and even arguments depending on the student's level and personality.
- my teaching background:
- English: - Children 8 and up, levels A2 to B2; 5 years at a very good school, over 10 years of private lessons. - Adults, levels A1 to C1, 1 year at a language school, over 10 years of private lessons. Russian: Adults, levels A1 to B2, 3 years at a language school.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I come from St.-Petersburg, Russia, but now live in Leiden, Netherlands. I love languages and everything that's connected with them. I speak 5 of them, and am now learning Dutch. It's fun! I'm also a linguist. This surely helps me to teach, but also demonstrates how much of a language geek I am!
- English, Russian
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- German, Spanish, French
- University Diploma
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I love dogs. I have three of them at home!
- I like sci-fi. Star Trek, Star Wars, Gaiman, Asimov - bring it on!
- I own a lot of geeky T-shirts.
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!