Profile of teacher Carlos Gomez
General Spanish, DELE, conversational Spanish
- Hola, ¿qué tal? Mi nombre es Carlos, ¿y tú? I come from a small country in Central America known for the beauty of its nature: Costa Rica. I am a native Spanish speaker, I hold a Degree in Spanish Language and Literature as well as three accreditations as a DELE Examiner (Certificate of Spanish as a Foreign Language), I also have a long experience of more than 10 years in teaching Spanish.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- My teaching approach is based on the communicative method known as the language immersion. This means that the courses are taught entirely in Spanish, even for beginners. During the course, the grammar will be covered in a dinamic way. Subsequently, the student will apply what has been learned through conversations related to different topics from daily life.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language since 2007 in both traditional and online environments. I hold a BA in Philology and a MA in Labour Sciences. In my work, I integrate diverse new technologies and communication strategies.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have been teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language since 2007 in both traditional and online environments. I hold a BA in Philology and I'm currently studying a MA in Labour Sciences. In my work, I integrate diverse new technologies and communication strategies.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- English, French, German
- Certificado de acreditación DELE B1-B2
- Initial Training for Spanish Teachers
- Certificado de acreditación DELE C1-C2
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $5.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I love learning new languages (studying Japanese at the moment).
- I'm a traveler, I've been living abroad for over 10 years and I love talking about trips.
- I have a special interest in social issues and politics.
Great lesson! Carlos made me realise I can speak some Spanish even though I thought I couldn't :).
Really nice guy, great lesson!
Carlos is very friendly and cute and easy to understand. He is also patient and managed to not make me feel stupid when I couldn't come up with the right words. This was my first lesson, which we used to introduce ourselves, but in the future he will provide me with a lesson plan which I am very much looking forward to.