Profile of teacher Chris
Over 15 years experience as a teacher to students of all ages and backgrounds.
- Hello! My name is Chris Wander, and I am so excited to be working with LangU. I graduated at Lincolnshire & Humberside University, gaining a Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies. Additionally, I have a TESOL Certificate. I'm from Boston, UK, and have fallen in love with teaching on-line after teaching English many years in different environments. I enjoy running, reading and writing.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- For regular classes I have based the contents around English File, published by OUP.
- I also like to be very dynamic and use as much authentic materials as possible. Ted Talks and newspaper articles are my favorite.
- I always try to teach a function to work towards and make sure by the end of the class the student feels that he can produce it.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching for over 15 years. I have taught business executives, young professionals, FCE students, teenagers and young learners
- my background outside of teaching:
- Apart from teaching I have worked as an Educational Material Officer for the International Herald Tribune and also worked as a Tourist Guide in Buenos Aires where I run a tour company.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I have taught some football players who have gone on to play in the top leagues in Europe.
- I have started a few start-up companies. One being a Tour Company and I also produced gourmet sausages.
- I live in Argentina and regularly write blogs about travelling in the country.
Creo que es muy importante que el profesor te haga sentir cómodo y que te transmita seguridad. Que le entiendas su acento y que la clase fluya como algo natural.
Thanks! it was a very interesting grammar lesson
Thank you for our first class Chris!