Profile of teacher Chris
Over 15 years experience as a teacher to students of all ages and backgrounds.
- Hello! My name is Chris Wander, and I am so excited to be working with LangU. I graduated at Lincolnshire & Humberside University, gaining a Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies. Additionally, I have a TESOL Certificate. I'm from Boston, UK, and have fallen in love with teaching on-line after teaching English many years in different environments. I enjoy running, reading and writing.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- For regular classes I have based the contents around English File, published by OUP.
- I also like to be very dynamic and use as much authentic materials as possible. Ted Talks and newspaper articles are my favorite.
- I always try to teach a function to work towards and make sure by the end of the class the student feels that he can produce it.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching for over 15 years. I have taught business executives, young professionals, FCE students, teenagers and young learners
- my background outside of teaching:
- Apart from teaching I have worked as an Educational Material Officer for the International Herald Tribune and also worked as a Tourist Guide in Buenos Aires where I run a tour company.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I have taught some football players who have gone on to play in the top leagues in Europe.
- I have started a few start-up companies. One being a Tour Company and I also produced gourmet sausages.
- I live in Argentina and regularly write blogs about travelling in the country.
Already had only a one lesson, but it was really nice to talk to you :)
Good recomendations about tourist things in London.
Es muy correcto y especifico. Nos respeto el tiempo de la clase a pesar de haber llegado tarde.
Very good teacher for young people who wants improve speaking skills and listening comprehension.
Lesson was very good, Chris was prepared and very nice. But sometimes when we were tring to say something at the same time, there were some technical problems and I couldn't hear well. But it wasn't obstacle, only small inconvenience.
I feel very comfortable, thank you.
It was first trial lesson, but I think that Chris will be good teacher for me, so I decided to learning with him. When we finished talk about ourselves he asked me about some abstract topics so I had opportunity to speak. He didn't wait that I creat new topic. He did it.