Profile of teacher Donatella Petruzzo
General course, exam preparation (Celi, Cils, Plida), speaking, Italian culture. Textbook provided
- Hello! I am a certified and experienced Italian native teacher. I also speak Turkish, French and English at an advanced level. To me, it is important that my students have a good time at lesson: we learn better when we have fun and we spend time with smiley people who make us feeling confortable!
- what should you expect from my classes:
- First of all I try to understand my students needs: do you need to take lessons to travel, to pass an exam, to work? So, we could say that my style changes according to your needs but, generally speaking, I have a comunicative approach: a lot of speaking practice, dialogues, discussions and daily situations. I also often do activities to broad your vocabulary and to practice your listening skills
- my teaching background:
- I started to teach in 2010. I live in Istanbul, where I teach Italian as a second language to students of all ages. Before Turkey, I have been teaching Italian in France and Australia, having the chance to learn different approaches and teaching techniques.
- my background outside of teaching:
- My main job is teaching but I hold a master degree in translation:I know many technical languages. My bachelor degree: literature and cinema.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- English, Turkish, French
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $7.50
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- From 2007 to 2014 I have been living every year in a different place, 3 continents, 4 countries, 8 cities, including living in a van, remote villages and mega metropolis.
- I have many interests: I love travelling, cooking, reading and watching movies and series
- I am a nature lover and adrenaline addict: I like outdoor extreme sports
Very nice first impression!
Lessons with Donatella are really great, she helped me prepare for my Italian exam at the university - and I've passed it without problems. I feel much more confident with my Italian now. Would totally recommend.
Ci sono voluti 6 mesi per prepararmi per il test di cittadinanza con Donatella
Grazie Donatella per il tempo che hai speso per prepararmi all'esame di cittadinanza.
In questi strani tempi del virus è stato fantastico poter continuare le nostre lezioni senza interruzioni mentre tutte le scuole di lingua venivano chiuse.
Mi sono piaciute le nostre lezioni anche quando abbiamo studiato grammatica e grazie per aver consigliato molte possibilità su come studiare l’Italiano anche da sola.
Donatella is so friendly and lovely to learn from. I never feel silly or judged when I don't know the answer to a question. She's very patient and kind.
Very nice lesson, entirely in italian :)
Learning italian with Donatella is really amazing - I would recommend it to everybody. She asks clearly what you want to achieve at the end of the lessons and she sticks to the plan. I also really like that we speak only Italian, it truly helps overcoming the fears and makes you feel more confident using the language. I can't recommend it enough :)
Donatella is a very nice, patient and communicative teacher. Pace of the lesson was well adjusted. She clarifies grammar issues in a clear manner, there is enough time and space for questions, excersises and interesting conversation. I'm happy to learn Italian with her.
Great lesson with Donatella!
I can feel the progress with my Italian thanks to her