Profile of teacher Elhana Sugiaman
Hi! I'm an Oxford linguistics graduate who's been teaching since 2017
- I studied Portuguese and Linguistics at Oxford University. I am well-versed in the science of phonetics and phonology (the production and perception of sounds), which means I can help you sound more native. I've taught English for a year in Brazil and I've tutored students through Oxford Hub and Jacari. I also speak Brazilian Portuguese fluently.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- You’ll expect conversation practices as well as lessons from textbooks and my own worksheets to practise your writing and comprehension. I will be using videos and music to train your listening skills. These are the materials I will use:
- PDF textbooks
- Short films
- my teaching background:
- I worked as an English teacher for one year at an NGO. I was a private tutor for 4 months at Jacari, and taught English as a summer intern for Green Planet Ventures. My students were aged between 7 and 22, but I've also given private lessons to mature students in Indonesia, specialising in TOEFL.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I've been working in the NGO/NFO sectors because I'm passionate about development (human rights, environment, governance). Other than teaching, I research and translate for some international organisations. In my free time, I love to paint, sing, and write poems :)
- Portuguese (Brazil), English
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- German, Spanish, Dutch
- Qualifi Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
price per lesson
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I love learning languages. I speak 8 at the moment, but I'm trying to make it 9!
- I've lived in 4 different countries: the Netherlands, the UK, Brazil, and Indonesia.
- I was born in an island called Java.
Ela é uma boa professora!
Elhana is a professional teacher focused on my goals from the beginning. During every lesson, we practice a lot of reading, vocabulary, speaking, pronunciation, and grammar. Writing exercises I mostly get for homework but she always checks and corrects mistakes before lessons. She has extensive knowledge about languages and is able to explain every grammar rule I ask. I highly recommend! She is the best teacher I've had so far.
Bardzo miła. Dobry nauczyciel.
Elhana's lessons are very interesting and fun. We've done a lot of helpful exercises and discussed topic which would be useful for my exams.
Elhana builds work during classes very interestingly!
Elhana is always perfectly prepared and 100% committed to her students. As a person speaking 7 languages and incredible smart Oxford graduate, she relies on the best teaching techniques adjusted to your individual needs to set you up for success from the day one.