Profile of teacher Elhana
I cater to your needs, but I specialise in accents!
- I studied Portuguese and Linguistics at Oxford University. I am well-versed in the science of phonetics and phonology (the production and perception of sounds), which means I can help you sound more native. I've taught English for a year in Brazil and I've tutored students through Oxford Hub and Jacari. I also speak Brazilian Portuguese fluently.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- You’ll expect conversation practices as well as lessons from textbooks and my own worksheets to practise your writing and comprehension. I will be usinb videos and music as well to train your listening skills. These are the materials I will use:
- PDF tectbooks
- Short films
- my teaching background:
- I worked as an English teacher for one year at an NGO. I was a private tutor for 4 months at Jacari, and taught English as a summer intern for Green Planet Ventures. My students were aged between 7 and 22, but I've also given private lessons for mature students in Indonesia, specialising in TOEFL.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I am a recent graduate in Portuguese and Linguistics, which means I can tell you a lot about Portuguese literature and answer you language questions. Other than that, my working experiences primarily include teaching English, translation services, or volunteering at NGOs.
- English, Portuguese (Brazil)
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Dutch, German, Spanish
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I love learning languages. I speak 7 at the moment, but I'm trying to make it 9!
- I've lived in 4 different countries: the Netherlands, the UK, Brazil, and Indonesia.
- I'm currently based in Bali. :)
Elhana builds work during classes very interestingly!
Elhana is always perfectly prepared and 100% committed to her students. As a person speaking 7 languages and incredible smart Oxford graduate, she relies on the best teaching techniques adjusted to your individual needs to set you up for success from the day one.