Profile of teacher Jana
Build the fluency, accuracy, and complexity of your English with meaningful practice and authentic materials!
- I emphasize a balance of speaking, listening, writing, and reading; personal engagement and motivation; using authentic materials; and building rapport so that practice is effective but also fun! I developed my professional skills through a training program in English language teaching to adults, followed by a research-based masters in applied linguistics, specializing in language acquisition.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- My materials consider the student's interests and background and may include films, articles, and music. Activities integrate speaking, listening, writing, and reading practice with a focus on confident communication. The complexity of the language and exercises increase gradually to build a reliable base of knowledge. Evaluation is ongoing, with frequent quizzes to track progress.
- my teaching background:
- I have 7 years of experience working with English learners of all ages: university students tackling international proficiency exams, Indonesian government administrators and corporate managers, STEM students preparing to study abroad, and children at a brand-new bilingual school.
- my background outside of teaching:
- My professional background includes writing, customer service, tourism, and sports, with roles spanning four continents. I studied in the US, UK, and Europe, with perspective on various education systems and exams as well as language learning strategies for specific purposes.
- English, Spanish
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Czech, Spanish, French
- Master of Arts
- Professional Translation Spanish-English
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- When I first learned to speak, I learned English, Czech, and Dutch simultaneously.
- I’ve surfed with sharks.
- I was once Green Day’s waitress.
Great teacher. She speaks very clearly and her lessons are very interesting.
I can totaly recommend her! Friendly and pleasant person who uses different learning methods. She makes it easy for me feeling comfortable!