Profile of teacher Katrina Leffelaar
TESOL Certified with years of experience, passionate about making learning English relevant to your needs!
- Depending what you need I provide specialized lessons, maybe you want to travel and need useful phrases? Interview or Exam prep? Conversation practice or just starting with the basics? I use many tools and focus on using your learning in ways that are helpful for what you need!
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I love role-plays, debates, news stories and have so many websites that I use frequently to make my classes diverse and flexible. I focus on using what we learn in class in speaking situations and helping you to feel comfortable using your English.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching private, specialized classes for 5 years in Peru. My students include children in elementary and secondary schools, high level professionals in many fields and university students. I have taught both group and private classes and enjoy getting to know my students and their need
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have a Bachelors degree in Social Work and have experience working in schools and community services. I am well traveled and appreciate diversity and new challenges. I understand the challenges and joys of learning English and look forward to walking by your side through the journey.
- English, Spanish
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Oxford 100 hours TESOL/TEFL/TESL Certificate
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I am always active and moving! Every day I make sure I do some exercise, sometimes that is surfing, or yoga or playing soccer! One day I would like to try kite-surfing and scuba diving.
- Visiting new places is my favorite thing to do! For me the thing I enjoy most about a new place is trying the traditional and authentic food.
- I learned Spanish at a young age and I LOVE speaking it. I am lucky to live in Peru where I can use both English and Spanish every day, being fluent in Spanish changes how I experience this culture.
I highly recommend lessons with Katrina. She conducts classes in an interesting way and uses various tools. Additionally, you can feel comfortable in her company, which helps to open up to speaking.
A great teacher who helped me improve my grammar and break the language barrier :)
I highly recommend classes with Katrina. I can assure you that each classes are as interesting as the previous one. We use many different materials and techniques to improve my English. I got to know many websites, where I can also practice English by myself. So if you are looking for a professional teacher but with this relaxed atmosphere than this is definitely Katrina. :)
I truly recommend lessons with Katrina! :) She uses many different sources and methods to teach grammar, vocabulary, reading, and talking so lessons are really interesting. She’s very kind, patient and devoted :) I can always ask for everything I have problems with and I feel that Katrina is trying her best to resolve my doubts. You shouldn’t hesitate to book your first lesson with Katrina :)