Profile of teacher Katrina Leffelaar
TESOL Certified with years of experience, passionate about making learning English relevant to your needs!
- Depending what you need I provide specialized lessons, maybe you want to travel and need useful phrases? Interview or Exam prep? Conversation practice or just starting with the basics? I use many tools and focus on using your learning in ways that are helpful for what you need!
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I love role-plays, debates, news stories and have so many websites that I use frequently to make my classes diverse and flexible. I focus on using what we learn in class in speaking situations and helping you to feel comfortable using your English.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching private, specialized classes for 5 years in Peru. My students include children in elementary and secondary schools, high level professionals in many fields and university students.I have taught both group and private classes and enjoy getting to know my students and their needs
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have a Bachelors degree in Social Work and have experience working in schools and community services. I am well traveled and appreciate diversity and new challenges. I understand the challenges and joys of learning English and look forward to walking by your side through the journey.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Oxford 100 hours TESOL/TEFL/TESL Certificate
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I am always active and moving! Every day I make sure I do some exercise, sometimes that is surfing, or yoga or playing soccer! One day I would like to try kite-surfing and scuba diving.
- Visiting new places is my favorite thing to do! For me the thing I enjoy most about a new place is trying the traditional and authentic food.
- I learned Spanish at a young age and I LOVE speaking it. I am lucky to live in Peru where I can use both English and Spanish every day, being fluent in Spanish changes how I experience this culture.
Katrina is such a nice, open minded and inpiring teacher. She has excellent ideas for roleplays and other excercises and lessons with her are real fun.
Katrina is really great.
I had to hold an interview for a dream job completely in english and convince the new colleagues of my qualities. Since I had hardly spoken any english before, my english was very poor. In only 4 weeks Katrina taught me so much that I was able to totally convince my colleagues. Especially of my English skills.
Thanks to Katrina. Now I have my dream job.
very good and professional!! I recommend her classes 100%!
Katrina is a great teacher, lessons with her are never boring with her because she always has some fun exercise prepared like role play for example. I also really like that she can tailor the classes especially for your needs, it happened to me when I was getting ready for the interviews, she reviewed my CV, cover letter and we practiced some questions.
The teacher is very helpful and kind. I recommend!
She is a very nice person with positive attitude to her students.
The lessons with Katrina are interesting, we always have something to talk about. In 6 months I made a lot of progress in English. I recommend it to everyone!