Profile of teacher Kevin Dawson
Native Canadian Englishman "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever"–Gandhi
- Clear native Canadian English speaker with a cheerful, fun and creative style. Tailored, easy lessons yet challenging and motivating, using general conversation and literary tools to build confidence in speaking. Enjoy helping you get ready for exams, interviews, preparing business materials or for public speaking.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- To begin, let's find out what English assets and deficiencies you have, then we will make a program together. Foreign speakers often need help with TH and Past Tense usage. Promise to make learning fun and simple, building up confidence and interest and then get into some challenging tasks as you progress. Love conversation on just about any topic so finding your passion is key to enjoyment here.
- my teaching background:
- Been teaching English for 10 years sporadically. Although, having a strong background in technical and business communication, main skills are helping improve pronunciation and challenging students with homonyms, tongue twisters and introduction to what makes up 50% of English... Latin and Greek!
- my background outside of teaching:
- Motivated by a big interest in etymology, (word history) and the study of cultures and their relationship with phonology, (sound study), while traveling and living through this miracle of a planet, has made for some colorful adventures that are sure to interest you as share our stories.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Portuguese (Brazil), German, Spanish
- Technical Communication
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $6.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- Setup English classes in the countries of Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Brazil. Learning new languages by living in the countries and teaching has been a great and very rewarding ongoing cultural experience.
- Foremost, a sailor, nature lover and adventure seeker. Previously a computer consultant and administrator for a bioinformatic gene sequencing company. Not a wonder, the Commodore 64 and sail boats, like the Chinese Junk rigs make for feverish interest.
- 1 Year teaching on Langu to help satisfy that thirst for traveling and living around the world. Currently focusing on a favorite as you can see, South America. Your lessons help make this dream possible. Thank You! _____________-_____________ Be sure to check out the Langu Blog where I wrote an article about what inspires my teaching style: ____________________________________ https://heylangu.com/blog/2019/10/22/kato-lomb-how-i-learn-languages
The best teacher ever, very positive and energetic person. Great attitiude towards learning English. A committed teacher, able to interest the student. My ten-year-old son is happy and charged with positive Energy after each lesson. Kasia & Filip
Like always a lot of fun and energy
The best teacher ever!
It's always good to talk to this awesome guy ;-)
The lessons are very good, Kevin is a really talkative person, eager to explain everything what You ask. I truly recommend :)
Very interesting and funny lesson :)