Profile of teacher Nil Tonyali
Linguist & University lecturer of 25 years with expertise in TEFL; academic, business and general English
- I have been a university lecturer of English for 25 years and specialize in English for General and Academic Purposes. I hold a BA in TEFL and an MA in linguistics; thus, I have a profound insight into the system of language and the process of language acquisition. Being a linguist with native proficiency in Turkish, I am also qualified to teach Turkish. I have lived in Germany, the UK and Cyprus
- what should you expect from my classes:
- As a highly experienced language teacher, I aim to design a course syllabus that accommodates specific learner objectives, different student needs and learner styles and different contexts. What this means is that each lesson will essentially be designed depending on your goals, needs and your style of learning, e.g. we may focus on communicative fluency or on linguistic accuracy, or both.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching English to adults for more than 25 years, in both academic and professional settings. I've had the opportunity to teach a variety of courses in academic English across disciplines at university preparatory programs as well as English language departments.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have worked as an administrator at university language departments and have held the post of Testing, Evaluation and Curriculum Development Consultant. As an academic, I have had the opportunity to publish and present my research in linguistics internationally.
- native languages:
- Turkish, English
- other languages spoken:
- BA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- MA in Linguistics
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $6.00
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I was born and raised as a simultaneous bilingual.
- I view language as a puzzle and always question 'Why' things are the way they are.
- I have a paper in linguistics published by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
Awesome teacher and pedagogist!
As always the best
Nil is the best teacher I ever have had
Best teacher in the world! I can argue for it!
Nil is a great teacher . She is warm, enthusiastic and caring. She inspires me with her passion for education. Thank you Nill :) !!!!
A happy smile, contagious to all,
With a heart of gold that never falls.
As my role model, you set the bar high,
But you've taught me all I can do is try.