Profile of teacher Rachel Story
I specialize in helping you improve your speaking skills so you can travel independently and pass your exam.
- English is the language of travel and speaking is the hardest part for many learners. Your ability to converse is the key that unlocks independent travel and new friendships. The best way to improve speaking is to practice! My lessons focus on pronunciation and grammar through topics of travel and music. I can also help you prepare for your exam and speak like an American. See you in class :)
- what should you expect from my classes:
- Students should expect a fun, interactive class based on topics they are interested in that will help them meet their goals. I have a strong focus on speaking in order to help students learn to communicate better. I use worksheets, videos, and role play activities to enhance the lessons.
- my teaching background:
- I have been teaching ESL since 2010. I have taught students of all ages from 4 to 60 years old in a variety of settings including language schools, primary or secondary schools, university, and as a private tutor both face-to-face and online.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I have a BS in Music Industry Studies. I graduated in 2008. I worked as a waitress in restaurants while attending university. I moved to China in 2010 and lived there for 5 years. I started a travel blog in 2013 and have been traveling full-time while learning about digital marketing since 2016.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish
- Bachelor of Science in Music Industry Studies
- 60-Hour TEFL Certificate
- 20-Hour Teaching IELTS Prep TEFL Certificate
- 40-hour TEFL Certificate in Teaching Business English
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I lived in China for 5 years teaching ESL. I have also lived in Bali and Puerto Vallarta. I have traveled to over 20 countries and spent the last 4 years traveling full-time.
- I played trumpet and piano for many years and I love seeing live music...I have seen my favorite band in concert 79 times!
- I run my own digital nomad travel blog business together with my husband.
It was really nice and friendly chatting with Rachel !!
Rachel is very friendly and nice! I recommend! :)
Rachel jest bardzo komunikatywną i doświadczoną lektorką skupioną na studencie a lekcja była bardzo interesująca.
It was great and fun lesson. As always it was wanderfull 'trip' full of laugh.
It was great lesson. Funny and very intersting. Rachel makes sure the lesson has the right rhythm and level appropriate to the student.
Very nice and professional teacher. Able to build a friendly lesson atmosphere
Very nice!It is my pleasure to recommend this teacher.
Se has very good pronounciation and knows how to lead the class.