Profile of teacher Yulia Golovina
Taught English in Russian in 6 countries to 12 nationalities for 15 years, and I do not intend to stiop!
- I have been teaching all my life, started tutoring when I was 14 y. o. Native Russian and native-level (C2) English speaker; have been living abroad since 1994 in the USA, South Korea, Australia, France and Thailand. Wherever I stayed I worked as a teacher. It didn't take me long to realise - teaching is something I will do for the rest of my life. I was 'hooked' from the get-go, I love it!
- what should you expect from my classes:
- Each student gets a unique set of materials — depending on their level and the progress we make. To use the lesson time as efficient as possible I create an individual program for each student. It can be accessed from the web-browser as well as through an app on their mobiles/ tablets. It contains: extracts from our course book, workbook, grammar, audio and video files, exercises.
- my teaching background:
- I teach General English/ Russian, Conversation, Academic Course, as well as Preparation for the Interview. Additionally, I provide tailor-made specialized industry-related English and Russian language training and courses (Oil and Gas, Engineering, Hospitality, Sales&Marketing, Real Estate, etc.)
- my background outside of teaching:
- Love to travel and learn new languages, have been to 15 countries, lived in 6, speak 5 languages. I discovered that the more you know the language, the more you understand people and their culture. It works the other way around — experiencing the new culture and making friends will help you learn.
- English, Russian
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Korean, German, Thai
- TERL - Teaching Russian as a Second Language
- Bachelor of Arts - English Language and Literature, Keimyung University, South Korea
- TEFL - Teaching English as a Foreign Language - 120-Hour Course
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- Ended up living in my dream country — Thailand. I've been living here in Phuket for 11 years.
- The biggest fan of the 'Seinfeld' TV show, when we meet I will tell you just how many times I've seen it.
- Afraid of frogs. Absolutely terrified. Which is weird, because they are harmless. Don't mind tarantulas or snakes. But frogs I fear.
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!