My experience includes General English (Beginner to Advanced level), Business English, IELTS Preparation Courses, job interview preparation and University pre-sessional Academic English courses. I am a hard-working and patient teacher who puts a lot of effort into planning lessons. I help students to feel relaxed and comfortable during classes, so that they can practise without worrying about making mistakes.
My teaching methodology:
- Communicative activities based on specific grammar points (role-plays, personalised conversations, games etc)
- Business English role play activities (job interviews, presentations, negotiations, meetings)
- Listening and reading activities (using TED Talks, newspaper articles, songs)
- Topic based discussion lessons based on students’ interests
- IELTS preparation activities/speaking mock tests
My teaching background:
I have taught English in the UK, Colombia and Japan in language schools and at university. I have extensive experience teaching all levels (from Beginner to Advanced) and a wide variety of nationalities.
My background outside of teaching:
I am a dedicated language learner, as well as a language teacher. I use my extensive knowledge of teaching English and learning other languages to help my students to achieve their potential.