I am passionate about teaching and helping people to further their abilities. I have extensive experience with all ages and abilities. I have taught both 1-1 and group classes, from kindergarten through to corporate and IELTS. My philosophy is that learning should be fun and interesting, and thus all lessons are designed to be engaging and focused on improving all skills (reading, listening, writing and speaking).
My teaching methodology:
- Lessons are tailor made based on the level of English proficiency and preferred interests.
- Lessons are supported with high quality resources and materials.
- I utilise a variety of exercises depending on the skills being practiced.
- My teaching methods involve a holistic approach, whereby the student has the opportunity to practice all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
- Lessons are made to be interactive and engaging with consistent feedback given throughout.
My teaching background:
I have over 4 years of teaching experience, consisting of both offline and online lessons. Most of my experience was gained while living in Vietnam where I worked for a reputable English centre. My teaching career has allowed me to teach students of all ages (4 - 60), ability levels (beginner to advanced), as well as many nationalities (French, German, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese). I also have extensive experience teaching corporate and IELTS students.
My background outside of teaching:
I grew up in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and studied at Nelson Mandela University, where I earned my Bachelor of Commerce in Business and Industrial Psychology. I have over 10 years business experience prior to becoming a teacher. During this period, I worked in many different industries from Human Resources to Business Administration. My hobbies include reading, researching current world events and topics, doing yoga, swimming and playing video games.