Profile of teacher Aurélie Coelho
Hello ! I've been teaching French for 9 years and loved every second of it !
- I am a native French speaker who loves to share my language and my culture with others. A language is made to be spoken which is why we speak French as much as possible during class. I use authentic materials (videos, music, articles...) to share the francophone culture while learning new vocabulary or a new grammatical rule. Learning should be fun and I try my best to achieve that.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I use authentic materials such as videos, podcasts or newspaper articles. Each lesson has a lexical, a grammatical and a cultural aspect provided by the document. I give written exercices during class to make sure everything is understood. Communication is of utmost importance so we speak French as much as possible and you get to use what you learn in a simulation of an everyday life situation.
- my teaching background:
- My first teaching experience was in England in 2011 when I was working as a language assistant. Through my studies and my professional career, I have worked with students - teens or adults - from all over the world - beginners to advanced - learning French for work, school or just for fun.
- my background outside of teaching:
- Though teaching has been my main activity, I worked in a tourist information center for several summers. I also worked in a library for a few months.
- native languages:
- other languages spoken:
- Master's degree "Foreign Language Didactics - French as a foreign language"
- Bachelor's degree in English
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $7.50
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I've been learning German for a few months.
- I love traveling. I lived in England for 1 year and more recently in Australia for 1.5 year.
- I am learning guitar. I love music and I want to go from listening to it to playing it.
This teacher hasn't received any written reviews... yet!