Profile of teacher Barnaby
I teach a range of levels ranging from intermediate through to IELTS, TOEFL and FCE. +Conversation
- My classes are both engaging and entertaining. They have a particular focus on enabling the students to sound as much like a native speaker as possible. I place a high importance on this aspect of my lessons as many students have not had much, if any, exposure to native speakers. With an open and honest approach, I am able to help students overcome their shyness and communicate with confidence.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- I like to use current affairs, music, film and conversation in my classes. This helps in learning to use English in a natural way. Expanding vocab with collocations, which also helps with grammar in a natural way.
- my teaching background:
- I am an Australian EFL teacher who is currently in South America. For the past year, I have been working and living in Peru. I specialise in training students for international exams such as FCE, IELTS and TOEFL, but I also teach a range of other classes including Intermediate and advanced.
- my background outside of teaching:
- Before becoming a teacher, I spent numerous years in the mining, construction and hospitality industries. I have worked on gas plants, bauxite and various other mines. However, my interest in other cultures has always been present, as evidenced by my work on frequent indigenous housing projects.
- native languages:
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: Free
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- Fun and entertaining, with a love of people and conversation.
- A broad range of experience outside of teaching: Mining, Oil and Gas, Hospitality, and Construction
- Passionate for knowledge about other cultures and people.
Barnaby is always very open and friendly. I recommend him as a teacher.
Helpful and professional
I recommend Barnaby as a great English teacher. I have never been bored.
is a great teacher
I'm glad, although it was only a trial, so far
I strongly recommend Barnaby as an English teacher.