Profile of teacher Kathrin Demchishina
Hi there! I am an experienced ESL teacher and my main goal is to help you speak English confidently!:)
- I teach using the Communicative approach and adapt the lessons to my learners' needs. My main goal is to make sure my learners can actually speak English and be comfortable while doing so. :) We can focus more on grammar, speaking or any other type of exercise/activity as needed, but usually we hit all the skills needed to be able to speak/communicate in English in a balanced way.
- what should you expect from my classes:
- Since I teach with the Communicative Approach in mind, I have very flexible lesson plans. My specialty and main focus is working with adults and helping them discover and enjoy "real life" English. In order to do that I make sure that we have a balanced approach and do a little bit of everything during our lessons: grammar, vocabulary, speaking, pronunciation, etc.
- my teaching background:
- I have been an ESL teacher for the past 7 years and I started out teaching at a language school, so I have experience working with groups of adults and one-on-one lessons, too. For the past couple of years I have been working as a private tutor and, more recently, an online private tutor.
- my background outside of teaching:
- I studied Literature in London, so I have a certain love for the language.:) Aside from teaching English, I also do translations, proofreading and a bit of copywriting.
- French, English
- native languages:
- English, Russian
- other languages spoken:
- French, Spanish
- TESOL Theories of Second Language Acquisition
- TESOL Foundational Principles
- TESOL Lesson Design and Assessment
- Teaching Experience Certificate
price per lesson
30-minute trial lesson: $1.50
|1 lesson||5 lessons||10 lessons|
3 unique facts about me
- I love animals and have two kitties (Mr. Jacob and Dr. Watson) and a dog (Marley) :)
- As an extension of the first fact, since I love all living creatures, I am also an avid indoor gardener!
- The last book I read was Stephen King's 'The Outsider'. I'm on a bit of a King's-books-binge, so I am currently reading his 'Bag of Bones'. XD
Great flow with Kate! I truly reccomend!
she's friendly and you immediately understand that she has a structure and a program as a teacher.
Great conversation lesson! It was pure pleasure :)
It was a good first lesson. Can't wait for more. Thank you Kathrin :)
Kathrin es una profesora muy simpática, maneja y explica con claridad todos los contenidos, responde a todas las preguntas y tiene mucha paciencia con sus estudiantes. La recomiendo ! :)
Kate make You to speak! Great and diverse lesson! Full of talking, vocabulary and even grammar review.
Great communication with Kathrin :)
Very nice person I can't wait to my next lesson ;)